Powered by Blogger.

I TRIED : THE 10 STEPS KOREAN SKINCARE ROUTINE

A few months ago, I stumbled upon a video on YouTube about the 10 Step Korean Skincare Routine, and as a huge skincare enthusiast, I decided to try them out!

Although it may seems like a lot, I learned about each steps, each benefits, and why its so important to add each steps to our usual beauty regime. Before trying out this new routine, I have dry skin and my basic routine only consists of cleanser, moisturiser, eye cream, and sunblock.



I began to search for the perfect products to use to start my new Korean Beauty Routine. Of course, most of the products I bought was from Korean Brands. They’re all recommended from the site sokoglam.com. So I pretty much purchased new products for each step except my moisturiser, eye cream, and sunblock. 

I was so excited to receive my products and could not wait to get started on my new routine. Day 1 was rather overwhelming. Going from 4 steps to 10 was a huge deal for me. But since I bought so many products, I decided not to bail and continue for a whole month to see changes and results.

So, basically the 10 steps are:


1. Makeup Remover
For the first step, I use a balm make up remover from Banilla Co. They're perfect for removing eye makeup as well! Very soft and gentle for sensitive skin as well, simply apply the balm to dry face, massage it, and rinse!

2. Cleanser
After removing your makeup, the next step is to wash your face using water based cleanser to double cleanse, and the purpose is to make sure that all the makeup and dirt has been removed twice so none of it will stick to your face which can clogged up your pores!

3. Exfoliate (Twice a week)
The purpose of this step is to remove dead skin, as well as to give your skin a polished and clear look. Now the product I used is the NEOGEN GAUZE PEELING PADS and this is definitely one of my most favourite products because after using it, my skin feels so smooth and squeaky clean.

4. Toner
At first, I don't really understand why this step is necessary. However, after months of using it I noticed a big difference as some of the makeup residue still sticks to your face even after double cleansing, and what toner does is that it helps remove it and prepare the skin before putting on essence and moisturisers to your skin!

5. Essence
This step is probably the best step for dry and dull skin. It's the heart of the Korean Skincare Routine. The essence helps your skin to feel hydrated and moisturise, as well as help to repair your skin.

6. Serums
Serums helps to even out my skin tone. I used to have a bit of discolouration on my skin, and it also helps to brighten up my skin tone as well. For this step, you can choose which serums suits you best. There are so many serums to help with your problem areas.

7. Sheet Masks
Probably my favourite step throughout the entire regime. It really does wonders. By applying sheet masks regularly, it really helps my super dry skin. Do try different masks to see which one suits you best.

8. Eye cream
The skin near our eyes are very delicate! It needs to be protected at all times. I always apply eye cream to help brighten out the under eyes as well as to help avoid early wrinkles in the future.

9. Moisturiser
A very important step to your routine. This step helps you to hydrate your skin, resulting in clear, dewy and glowing skin. I do like to change my moisturiser twice a week. I swapped it with the Laneige Sleeping Masks to give my skin an extra glow and hydration.

10. Sunblock (Mornings)
Applying sunblock is very, very important. Sunblock helps your skin to avoid having freckles and direct contact with the sun! It also helps to prevent early ageing and skin cancer.


Verdict? After 4 months of using this beauty routine, my skin changes from Dry to Normal. I have less blackheads, whiteheads, and my skin looks really glowing even without makeup. 
The long process didn't feel that long anymore. It feels therapeutic to me and I feel so good after each routine. 

So I would definitely recommend everyone to try the 10 Steps Korean Skincare Routine. Even though it's a bit more time consuming than my previous routine, the results paid off and it's really worth to try. You can try to start with a few steps first and once you're comfortable with it you can add more steps.

My biggest tip is to know your skin, find the right products, and know the ingredients that you feed to your skin.



Products I used:
1. Banilla Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm
2. Neogen Foam Face Wash, Green Tea
3. Neogen Gauze Peeling Pads, Wine
4. Son & Park Beauty Water
5. Missha Time Revolution Treatment Essence
6. Dear Klairs Vitamin C Serum
7. Dear Klairs Sheet Mask
8. La Mer The Eye Concentrate
9. AHAVA Active Moisture Gel Cream
10. Biore Sunblock

For all steps, products that suits your skin, and its benefits go to www.sokoglam.com/10stepbeautyroutine

GoodLuck!
xx,

Andrea Moudy

No comments